BBA in Marketing: Course, Admission, Syllabus, Top Colleges
Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing is a comprehensive three-year undergraduate program that provides a strong foundation in marketing concepts and practices. The course focuses on imparting to students the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively promote products, companies, and services.
The BBA in marketing curriculum includes marketing strategies, consumer behaviour, market research, and advertising. The course prepares students for a successful career in marketing by combining theoretical knowledge with practical business management skills. By the end of the period, students will be equipped with the skills required to succeed in a competitive and fast-paced industry environment.
So, if you are interested in pursuing Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing, you may find this article helpful.
Overview of BBA marketing course
|Course Type||Bachelor Program|
|Course Duration for BBA||3 Years|
|Course Examination Type for BBA||Semester-wise or Annual|
|Course Eligibility for BBA||10+2 exams from a recognised board|
|Course Admission process for BBA||Entrance Examination or Merit Based|
Eligibility of BBA marketing course
To be eligible to pursue a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing, students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Educational Background: The student must have completed their 10+2 education from a recognised educational board.
- Academic Performance: The candidate must have obtained an average score of 45% to 55% in their 10+2 exams.
Entrance Exam for BBA marketing course
|Exam Name||Registration Date||Examination Date|
|NMAT||August 01- October 12, 2022,||October 10 – December 19, 2022,|
|SET||December 15, 2022 – April 12, 2023||N/A|
|Test 1||N/A||May 6, 2023, 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM|
|Test 2||N/A||May 14, 2023, 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM|
|SAT||All year round||All-year-round|
Steps for Admission to BBA marketing degree
Steps to Apply for BBA Marketing: Admissions 2023
- Online Registration: Register for the entrance exam by providing your email address, mobile number, and password to receive a login id.
- Completing the Application Form: Use the login id to complete the online application form by providing personal and academic information.
- Uploading of Documents: Upload necessary documents such as a photograph, signature, ID proof, and other supporting documents.
- Payment of Application Fee: Pay the application fee through a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Downloading the Application Form: After paying the fee, download the completed application form for future reference.
- Admit Card: Receive an admit card based on the information submitted during the application process.
- Entrance Examination: Take the entrance exam on the date announced by the admission authorities.
- Result Declaration: Check the entrance exam results on the admission authorities’ official website.
- Counselling: Apply for counselling procedures if selected.
- Enrollment: Finalise the admission to the course upon qualifying for the entrance exam and counselling process.
Syllabus for BBA marketing course
|Semester I||Marketing Concepts, Principles of Sales Management, Marketing Audits, Business Laws, Industrial marketing etc.|
|Semester II||Marketing Segments, Marketing Ethics, Consumer Behaviour, Business Laws etc.|
|Semester III||Brand Management, Economic Analysis, Business Communication, MS Excel, Organisational Behaviour etc.|
|Semester IV||Human Resource Management, Sales and Distribution Management etc.|
|Semester V||Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship, Business Laws, Marketing Management, Financial Management, Social Project/Rural Project etc.|
|Semester VI||Current Business Affairs, Semester End Viva-Voce, Semester End Viva, etc.|
BBA marketing degree Top Colleges
|Name of Institute||Eligibility||Course Fees||Average Salary|
|NMIMS Mumbai||10+2 education with a minimum of 50% marks, along with a qualifying score in NPAT (National Common Entrance Test).||₹15,00,000||₹23.07 LPA|
|KIIT School of Management (KSOM), Bhubaneshwar,||10+2 education in any field with a minimum grade of 50% and having either Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Economics, or Statistics as a subject studied at the 10+2 level.||₹9,15,000||₹7.5 LPA|
|Woxen University, Hyderabad||10+2 education with a minimum of 50%||₹11,05,000||₹8.6 LPA|
|IBS Hyderabad||10+2 education with a minimum of 50%||₹2,50,000||₹8.71 LPA|
|Parul University||10+2 education with English||₹2,40,000||₹7 LPA|
|Alliance University||10+2 or equivalent level of education from a recognised board or council in any subject, with a minimum passing grade of 50% (45% for candidates from a reserved category)||₹9,00,000||₹8 LPA|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune||10+2 education with a minimum of 50%||₹4,50,000||₹7.5 LPA|
|UPES Dehradun||10+2 education with a minimum of 50%||₹9,62,000||₹8.37 LPA|
|USB, Chandigarh||10+2 education with a minimum of 50%||₹3,66,000||₹16.08 LPA|
Scope of Bachelors of Business Administration in Marketing
Completing a BBA Marketing degree opens up a significant number of career prospects in the business and marketing industries. Graduates have the option to continue their education by pursuing an MBA in Marketing or Sales and Marketing, a Master’s in Marketing Management, or a Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management.
Additionally, they can look for job opportunities as a Sales Manager, Advertising Executive, Marketing Executive, Market Research Analyst, etc.
BBA in marketing emphasises business and management skills, including leadership, communication, and decision-making. Overall, Marketing in BBA is a well-rounded program that provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the competitive field of marketing in India. If you want to make a career in marketing, pursue your BBA from a Sunstone-powered university or college. The benefit of registering with Sunstone is that you get access to industry-leading training modules and skill enhancement programs.