Double Business Revenue by Operating an E-commerce ERP Integration Platform
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is a software system that enables companies to automate and manage their back-office activities. It streamlines the workflow in departments like accounting, inventory management, supply chain operations, and project management.
It collects, processes, and distributes transactioninformation from more than one source. This helps to ensure proper data integrity.
Why should companies opt for e-commerce ERP integration?
E-commerce refers to the purchasing and selling of products via the Internet using computers or Smartphones. It allows consumers the convenience of buying whatever goods they want from the comforts of their home. They pay for their orders online. Companies are establishing and operating their e-commerce storefronts to take advantage of this trend. However, they face the following difficulties and should take steps to overcome them-
- Coordinating the supplies of numerous online vendors is not easy
- Entering purchase orders from one system to another is time-consuming
- Typing out customers’ details in two different systems is prone to clerical errors
- Getting real-time information on inventory levels to become difficult
- It is not always possible to provide customers with real-time status of their orders, and
- Bottlenecks in processing large sales volumes without allocating additional staff
Companies can overcome these issues by operating a system that integrates both the ERP platform and e-commerce storefront. It is here that they should choose a good consultant in ERP integration with eCommerce to give them customized solutions that work.
Advantages of eCommerce ERP integration
Companies enjoy the following benefits by operating the right ecommerce ERP integration system:
- Saves time on manual data entry
- Streamlines inventory control and management
- Minimizes operating costs
- Boost sales revenue and profits
- Provides customers with automatic updates on the status of their orders
- Reduces avoidable clerical errors by storing all business information into one database,
- Customers can get instant price quotes of different products from customer care employees
- Generates all the relevant financial reports the managers need, and
- Managers have better control over their companies’ operations.
Key factors to consider
Companies need to consider the following factors before choosing the ideal system to integrate their e-commerce storefront with the ERP platform:
- It should be affordable
- It should ensure proper sharing of business data between both the platforms
- Should be compatible with their existing IT infrastructure
- Provide instant updates on inventory levels
- Track customers’ orders from suppliers’ warehouse to their final destination
- Have the ability to scan bar codes when fulfilling customers’ orders instantly
- Automate the process of obtaining goods from suppliers on demand
- Prepare and display vital financial reports like the balance sheet and income statement
- Generate specific reports on stock movements, particular products, and sales comparisons
- Produce additional financial reports on sales tax, rebates, and returns
Operating an ecommerce ERP integration system can enable companies to streamline the workflow within their businesses. They can avoid clerical errors by saving time on manual data entry and minimize operating costs. This helps in boosting sales revenue and profits. Companies even improve their inventory management and provide their customers with instant updates on their orders. However, the integration platform they choose should be affordable and compatible with their existing infrastructure.