Quickbooks Error Code -6189,-77 – Step by step guide to fix Error
Obviously “Quickbooks Error Code -6189,-77” irritate user whenever it occurs, because this error stops the software to open the company file. QuickBooks Error -6189,-77 indicates here are some internal damages in using QuickBooks software.
Error Code -6189,-77, occurs when the QuickBooks user tries to open the company file, this error means that the program is unable to open file for feed data.
If QuickBooks 6189,-77 error Code popup on the display screen, it can be due to the fact one or more, such as path/location of the file is not being found, or any internal coding damage in software.
Cause Behind Quickbooks Error -6189,-77 Code
Reasons for quickbooks error code 77 because of:-
- User accesses the company’s file that is not located in the local system.Instead, it is located on external media rather than a local or network drive.
- Either, you are using the software with incomplete installation, so that the software not works properly, and error message occur on the user’s computer screen.
- Second and the most common cause of Quickbooks Error Code -6189,-77 is that the user’s system’s Windows Registry is corrupted. Even this corrupted register can put your machine in danger.
- Third one is that the virus Corrupted Windows System File, on which the software using.
- Or, The QuickBooks related program(s) infected.
- Another important supported or related program file might be deleted by mistake.
Steps for Fix QuickBooks -6189,-77
Fortunately, here are more than one way to solve QB error -6189,-77.
Fix 1-Copy Required Files
Check Location of the company file, and if it is not on the local hard drive or network, from external source copy the company file to local machine or network, for open file for writing.
Fix 2-Rename The file, Steps below
- First, search and open your local company files folder, for your help it is here C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company File [Default Location]
- Now, search the file ending with with .ND and .TLG extension, Locate the error company
- Rename (Make a right-click on them and select Rename), these files by adding .old, for example companyfile.qbw.nd , and after rename it will change to companyfile.qbw.nd.old
- Don’t forget to verify and save the rename. Click on “Yes” to confirm.
Hope so this will solve Error Code -77 in QuickBooks, but if this method fails to fix the QuickBooks error -77, in such case just contact to the QuickBooks technical support team on call.
Fix 3 -Through Command Prompt
Open command prompt either by start program or by type CMD in window run box by press window key+ R, type CMD in the text box and, click on OK button. Command window is a black window with a blinking cursor. Now follow the steps below
- Type “sfc /scannow” and after you have typed press ENTER key
- Wait……for a while, because the System File Checker begin scanning for Error 77 and other system file problems in the background, and it will take some time.
- Follow the instructions display on the screen if any. After the system show finishes message, check wheatear the Quickbooks Error -6189,-77 Code fix.
Although, if you follow the steps mentioned in this article you’ll not encounter QuickBooks Error 6000 77, but in case it still persists talk to QB help team by call on help number.